Celebrate the beginning of winter Uptown! We activate the Uptown Saint John BIA on the first Friday of December with music, outdoor firepits, and winter-friendly outdoor activities!
Many Uptown boutiques, shops, restaurants, cafés, businesses, and galleries offer special activities and stay open late.
2023 Uptown Sparkles happened on Friday, December 1st; Thank you to all who joined us Uptown!
The information below is from 2023 Uptown Sparkles
(2024 Uptown Sparkles information will be posted closer to the date)
Uptown Businesses: Uptown Sparkles Activities!
Discover all the fantastic things happening (more will be added closer to the event date) at Uptown businesses during Uptown Sparkles by clicking the button below!
Note: The link takes you to our events calendar where the Uptown businesses have submitted what is happening at their location during Uptown Sparkles
This map features activities organized by Uptown Saint John Inc & the event sponsoring partners for 2023
Uptown Sparkles 2023 Activities
This list features activities organized by Uptown Saint John Inc & the event sponsoring partners
City Hall Sparkles Kick off 6 pm to 6:20 pm
- Mayor’s Tree Lighting
- East Coast Caroling
- Twinkle the elf (Magical Memories Princess Parties)
Kings Square powered by Saint John Energy 5 pm to 9 pm
City Market Outside 5pm to 9pm
Saint John Night Market (a Saint John City Market event) 5pm to 9pm
- Regular Vendors inside
- Pop-Up Vendors inside & outside
- Festive music & lighting
CenterBeam Place 5pm to 9pm
- 5pm to 7pm, Inside: Live music by The Silver Sparkle Queen; Jennifer Power & Richard Kidd
- 7pm to 9pm, Inside: Sparkles Swing Dancing with Saint John Swing Dance
- Outside: Photo Opportunity – Festive light installation
- Outside: Twinkle the elf – Magical Memories Princess Parties (6:20pm ish to 8pm)
15 King Square North, 6pm to 8:30pm
- Hop on to the festively decorated Historica Jolly Trolley free of charge. Our friends at Historica will be serving warm drinks and a treat before you board!
Around Uptown (A Seadogs Contest), 5pm to 7pm
- Take a fun photo with Fleaburn during Uptown Sparkles, & tag us on Instagram using #FindFleaburn23 and you could win a VIP prize of Four Alpine Room tickets to the @SjSeadogs game on Dec 3rd! This game is a Holiday Party – including a Michael Bublé tribute show and the Annual Teddy Bear Toss! (Winner will be contacted via the UptownSJ Instagram account)
Princess Street 6:30pm to 8pm
- First Nations Story Tellers interpreter with Bannock (Germain Street corner)
- Kopit (The Beaver) concept ice sculpture provided by First Nations Story Tellers.
- Stonehammer UNESCO Global Geopark interpreter (Prince Willaim Street Corner)
- Diversity & Inclusion ice sculpture concept provided by Chroma NB.
- Both Ice Sculptures carved by Richard Chiasson (Germain Street corner & Prince Willaim Street Corner)
East Coast Caroling 6pm to 9pm
Jardine Alley – Festivally lit up all night long!
On-Street parking is FREE after 5 pm, compliments of the Saint John Parking Commission.
Uptown Saint John Inc reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any Uptown Sparkles without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. Uptown Saint John Inc may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by Uptown Saint John Inc, including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.