- This event has passed.
December 10, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Returning for December, 2022!
For the SATURDAYS leading up to Christmas, we offer a totally different experience than you will have shopping at the mall or big box stores! Please join us for the fun!
1. No dress code. Wear what you like, as long as your clothes are clean and the naughty bits are covered. Makeup optional. Masks are essential.
2. Well-behaved children and pets welcome. Please leave reptiles at home (except lizards – we like those).
3. Free parking. Just a few steps to walk to our gorgeous curved front door. Zero chance of losing your car (unless you’re blind, in which case you probably shouldn’t be driving).
4. Comfort. Take off your coat (but please leave the rest of your clothes on). Loveseat and chairs to sit on while you browse (or can be used by bored companions while they wait).
5. Unique stock. No one else has a book about the song of the fox sparrow in Utah!
6. No loud, thumping music. If our music annoys you, we’ll turn it off. Singing/dancing encouraged.
7. Friendly, helpful, easy-to-find staff. We’re old and move slowly.
8. Safety. No one will run over you with a cart (you might stub your toe on a pile of books).
9. Snacks. Wendy’s famous brownies are back! Fruit also available.
10. Free boxes – please bring your own shopping bags.
11. Gift certificates. Buying books for other people is hard.
12. Easy payment. Cash and plastic accepted.
For the record, all of these benefits apply every day here, except for the free parking and the snacks! Come and see us any day except Sunday!
Please share this event with any readers you know in New Brunswick!