The restaurants who participated in Chop Chop Winter 2019 presented a nice plump cheque for $6,652 to Lunch Connection today.
$1 from EVERY Chop Chop dish sold during Chop Chop Restaurant Week is accounted for and given directly to this cause. It is very gratifying as providers and, as the happily consuming public, to know that through indulging in this way, school children are being fed.
The Lunch Connection provides free hot lunch programs that serve deserving children and youth of Saint John.
THANK YOU to all how ate out during Chop Chop Winter and to the restaurants for their generosity towards this wonderful community cause.
Pictured in photo:
Nancy Tissington, Executive Director of Uptown Saint John Inc.
Amy Barrett-Kay, Event Sponsor, Picaroon’s
Erin Hodge, Representing Lunch Connection
Brian Earle, Representing Lunch Connection
Benjamin Gilcrist, Representing Lunch Connection
Artists from all over New Brunswick responded to Discover Saint John’s call for submissions to paint or adorn composite salmon sculptures displayed in prominent locations around Saint John. The 2019 call for submissions received responses from over 30 artists with 40+ submissions. Casts of Atlantic salmon were created by New Brunswick artist John Morgan to create an urban kaleidoscope of salmon sculptures standing more than six feet tall when mounted. And did you know – this year is the International Year of the Salmon!
The 2019 participating artists are:
- Amy Ash from Hampton, NB
- Corinne Monique Long from Saint John, NB
- Deanna Musgrave from Saint John, NB (returning artist from 2017)
- Fabiola Martinez Rodriguez from Quispamsis, NB (returning artist from 2018)
- Geordan Moore from Saint John, NB (returning artist from 2017)
- Holly McKay from Grand-Bay Westfield, NB (returning artist from 2017, 2018)
- Jack and Jean Hudson from Rexton, NB (returning artists from 2017, 2018)
- Kelley Joyce- Floyd from Quispamsis, NB (returning artist from 2018)
- Matt Shields from Saint John, NB
- Steve Chanyi from Quispamsis, NB
- Tammy Capstick from Bloomfield, NB (returning artist from 2018)
To see more information about 2019 Salmon Run visit Discover Saint John