CBC wants your help to pick the cultural centre of the Maritimes for 2011. Ten culturally vibrant communities will be profiled in a half-hour TV show called “Maritimes Cultureville”. It will air September 29th, on the eve of Culture Days across the country. CBC listeners will help build the top ten list and choose which community will be named Cultureville for 2011.
Maritime Noon, will be doing a phone in where Maritimers can debate the contenders on Monday, Sept. 12 at 12 noon.
Call in, vote and make your case! 1-800-565-1940.
What makes a community a contender for Cultureville?
- artists love to live and work there
- people attend arts and cultural events
- lots of folks are culture makers: they play music, make art, tell stories, design video games
- there are valuable cultural assets – like theatres or museums or galleries
- unique heritage is accessible for people to enjoy and appreciate
CBC wants to hear from you
Use their online form or if you prefer, call them at 1-855-420-4115 to let them know your Maritimes Cultureville