As we count down to the Chop Chop 'Feast'ival for Foodies (Nov. 1st to 7th) will be profiling chefs at each of the participating restaurants. Today we chat with Jesse from The Saint John Alehouse…
1. Where we you born & raised?
I was raised in Markhamville and Quispamsis, NB
2. What got you interested in cooking?
My family was very into food on all levels, be it farming, hunting, cooking, canning, apple picking…and also watching James Barber on TV…pre-food network.
3. What are your favourite ingredients to work with?
Whole animals. Love getting into whole animals, breakig them down and utilizing all the different cuts and organs.
4. Have you ever served anyone famous?
I just got back from BC and cooked for a few hundred chefs out there; many of which were recognizable from the food network or are well known in their own right.
5. Can you give us a sneak peek for your menu plan for Chop Chop?
Hand Made-Local-Pig!You can find Jesse and all of his wonderful and interesting creations at The Saint John Ale House, One Market Square. 693.8221